Monday, July 14, 2014

The simplest-yummiest-healthiest ice cream


I can hand on my heart say I am excited to share this with all of you - it's that good. Like many, I discovered this beauty when scrolling through the instagrams of health food bloggers (search #nanaicecream or #nicecream) and was amazed by how easy and simple it is to make (even for complete dummies when it comes to cooking, like me).

The best thing, I think, about banana ice cream is how versatile it is. Whether you want berry, peanut butter, cocoa, or even spinach ice cream - it's completely do-able! 



Ingredients
a banana (or however many you want!)
frozen fruit of your choice
toppings/super foods (optional)

1. At least 6 hours before making your ice cream, peel and chop a banana and place it in the freezer. I personally think it tastes better with super ripe bananas (thats the brown spotty ones).             

Tip: I always keep a couple of bananas in the freezer, so they're on hand, ready for whenever I want to make ice cream!
2. Once your banana is ready, pop the frozen slices in a blender, along with whatever else takes your fancy. Once complete, feel free to add various toppings.
You may need to stop and start the blender a couple times to scrape now the sides, to ensure your ingredients blend properly.

My favourite flavours: cinnamon + dates, frozen berries, frozen cherries + cocoa powder, frozen mango, almond/peanut butter + vanilla essence

You can top with just about anything; fresh fruit, cocoa nibs, nuts, seeds, goji berries, coconut, or super foods like chia seeds and flax seeds.
  

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog :) That's so exciting that you're coming over here. I'll be in Sydney until New Year so we should meet up when you get here. I'm sure you'll find a job don't worry. Sometimes it can take a little while but you'll get one, everyone does :) There's loads of retail work and millions of cafes, restaurants and bars. Sydney is expensive but as soon as you start earning money it's not that bad as they earn a lot more here than we do in the UK.

    You're going to love it here! It's such a cool city. And you should definitely go to Melbourne as well. There's so much to do there too :) xx

    ReplyDelete