Friday, August 1, 2014

Turning 18 (London, getting emosh)

Monday just gone I finally hit the big one - eight. Sunday evening I celebrated with family at Mango Tree, a Thai restaurant in London where we all feasted on a 2 course meal; I opted for a starter of Spring Rolls followed by a traditional pad thai, alongside a delicious non-alcoholic cocktail (wasn't 18 yet!), which was appropriately titled 'mango paradise'. After our meal we took a long walk back along the river to catch the train home.





On the day of my birthday I had an amazing day with three of my best friends in London. Before the day began they surprised me with such a thoughtful present - 4 vegan homemade cupcakes, a book of quotes ( I am obsessed with them), a strawberry 'cocktail' lip balm and a Lokai bracelet.


The Lokai bracelet was so special to me as I love anything with meaning behind it. The Lokai bracelet has 1 white bead, 1 black bead and 22 clear beads. The white bead carries the message of 'to stay humble when you're on top' and the black bead signifies 'to stay hopeful when you've hit a low'.

'The bracelet is infused with elements sourced from the highest and lowest points on Earth. The white ball, carrying water from Mt. Everest, and the black ball, holding mud from the Dead Sea, exist on opposite ends. A string of clear beads link the two, signifying that throughout life’s circular journey, your path is your own.'

 Where I am in life has changed so much in the past year and I can honestly say I am the happiest I've ever been right now (cringe), so this bracelet, and all the thought behind it meant the world to me.

Anyway, back to the day. We hit up good ol' Primark, Topshop and Brandy Melville, where I spent way too much on things I don't need… but hey, it was my birthday, so it's allowed, right?!

photo credit to designmynight.com
For dinner and drinks we went to ES clubhouse in Covent Garden, a 90's themed bar-restaurant where all the drinks and pizzas are pop culture references. 

photo credit to designmynight.com
I treated myself to my first legal drink - the 'cool runnings' cocktail and an 'American Beauty' pizza. (Which, by the way, was on an all-you can-eat offer!!!) Needless to say that after Sundays Thai, Mondays overdose on pizza and me sitting, here, now, devouring one of the vegan cupcakes - I have a food baby that seems to have listed a century.



All in all, it really was just a lovely day. Being surrounded by my best friends (who are officially the best people in the world) and sent such lovely messages and cards really made me realise how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. Safe to say that what is hoped to be the best year of my life ahead, definitely got off to a perfect start.

1 comment: