Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When did loving yourself become so rare, that it’s revolutionary to do so?




Soo my life 6 out of 7 days a week consists of waking up around 8:30, whipping up a breakfast something along the lines of oats/smoothie/muesli and devouring it in front of good ol 'This Morning'. I then get ready and jet off to work (Topshop sale assistant right here), and arrive home either just in time for dinner with my family (which is then followed by a night spent in front of the tv/laptop) or at 10:30 where I practically race to take my makeup off and get in to bed. Anywhoo, so as you can tell I am a busy bee and am trying my best to squeeze in blog posts where possible. I'm hopefully gonna hit up Borough Market and Kings Road today with a friend so will be sure to take lots of pics!

One more thing - I came across the following quote on tumblr yesterday When did loving yourself become so rare, that it’s revolutionary to do so?”. How true is that?! Recently in the media there's been a shift towards self-love and feminism - which, don't get me wrong, I think is great - but why does it have to be such a rarity? Shouldn't we all just do it? It's quite sad, I think, that it's not second nature to all of us just to 'be' and accept ourselves. All I know is that by the time I have kids, I hope that it's not anything out of the ordinary for a girl to love and be proud of who she is. I wrote more about the topic here, but I'm definitely now inspired to write another post!

Hope you're all smiling,

Shona

2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE that quote! Love your outfit too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete