Sunday, September 14, 2014

Happy Things This Week


My friends and I had a pizza party. Any sandwich wrap + pesto/tomato paste + veggies + herbs. Who needs Pizza Express?


I managed to get a pair of white denim shorts which I've been trying to hunt down for forever in the Topshop sale. I also bought these sandals and this slouchy top.

Laura came over and we made sushi. We followed Siobhan's recipe here.

cute socks, right?!

I went for a long walk. The monotony of working in retail most of the week, and little time spent outside, left me craving fresh air and head space. Going for a walk in my local park before an eight hour shift gave me exactly that.


I watched five straight episodes of Home & Away. I don't watch TV (apart from the occasional X Factor and This Morning), so when my friend came over, ill and not up for leaving the house, we decided to order in a Chinese and put on trash TV to excite me for my future life in Sydney later this year.

I made some good food. Breakfast yogurt + muesli, and baked sweet potato topped with yoghurt, coriander, cayenne, chopped cherry tomatoes, and chives.



As always, I read many inspiring quotes. Here are a few;
I remember when I was younger and I wanted to be beautiful; now I’m older and I want to be intelligent. I want to burn hearts with brilliance and engulf souls with compassion. I want to be loved for my thoughts and nothing else. 
I fall in love with people’s passion. The way their eyes light up when they talk about the thing they love and the way they fill with light. 
To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shona! I just found your blog through Ella's and I'm glad I did, it's gorgeous! About to head over to bloglovin and follow you now. Can't wait to read more!
    x Erin
    http://louiseerin.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete