Sunday, October 5, 2014

18 Years in Travel


(well.. 8 years, but who's counting?)

I'm super super fortunate in that my parents are just as passionate about travelling as I am, meaning every summer I've been lucky enough to go abroad, to places that I'm only just realising how amazing they are now. Below I have picked out some photos from my favourite holidays (a lot of shortlisting took place!). Half way in scrolling through a backlog of pictures on my computer, I realised that most of our old family-holiday photos (say, pre-tenth birthday) were in fact taken on film cameras! So, maybe I will dig through our bookshelf of photo albums and share those old travel photos, with maybe an appearance (or two) of baby Shona..

For now though, Enjoy.

Vejer, Spain

Vejer, Spain. This photo was taken at the procession on Good Friday, during 'La Semana Santa'. Whether religious or not, I highly recommend visiting this hilltop town during Easter just to experience the traditions and the week long celebrations that are rooted in Vejer-history. 

Vejer, Spain

Statue of Liberty, New York, USA
Alhambra, Granada, Spain

Bubion, Las Alpujarras, Spain

Lake District, England

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain

Marthas Vineyard, USA
Marthas Vineyard is by far the cutest little town I've visited. Many of the houses are painted bright, rainbow colours and beautifully garnished with flowers. We were lucky enough to be there for the 'Grand Illumination' - an annual event on the island that sees all the town come together to decorate their houses with chinese lanterns, which are all lit up in unison, as the concert (community sing-song) on the tabernacle draws to a close. Lets just say I loved it enough to decide upon my retirement destination, aged 16.

The Leaning Tower of Pizza, Tuscany

Tuscany
Devon, England

Plitvice, Croatia

Krka National Park, Croatia
Croatia is without a doubt my favourite family holiday (and travel destination!) to memory. My highlights of our island-hopping trip were definitely visiting the national parks, and just being in an un-ruined, beautiful, natural environment. We also visited Dubrovnik, Korcula, Zagreb and Trogir, all of which I highly recommend. 

Jerez, Spain

This year I also visited New York (visiting grandma!) and Paris with friends, which was my first trip abroad without parents i.e. all planned by moi! 

See here and here for Paris and here for New York.

P.S. Be prepared for an '18 Years in Travel' Part 2!

P.P.S. All photo credit goes to the amazing photographer that is my beautiful mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment