Wednesday, October 29, 2014

An Update: I've left England!!



Ok, so..  As I am writing this I am 35,000 feet in the air, en route Bangkok. I was meaning to do an update before I left, but with all the goodbyes that were being said, I hope you can understand that I ended up spending the past few days with friends and family!

I was showered with cards, keepsakes, long soppy texts and hugs over the past few days. It really hit me how special the people in my life are and that I must never ever take them for granted because damn are they all amazing!

2 of my best friends even waved me off with a DIY 'We Will Miss You' banner.. How cute!!!!!!

Anyway, let's cut to the chase. I've mentioned about my travel plans here and there, but haven't really gone in to much detail, so I thought I would actually tell you all what it is that I'm doing!

Here's a rough itinerary
Thailand: 28th October - 20th November
Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai - Pai - Koh Sok National Park - Krabi - island hopping (Koh Lanta, Koh Phi Phi (?)) - Phuket

Australia: 20th November - ?
Sydney -

So, Thailand will consist of lots of adventure, spontaneity and dirt-cheap hostel living. Australia, on the other hand, is the real deal. Alicia* and I have each got ourselves a years working visa, which permits us to stay for a year in Australia and live/work/travel as we please. I have no idea when I'll be heading home. I may return to the UK next November when my visa runs out. I may hate it and leave in January. Maybe I'll love Australia and renew my visa for a second year (possible if you complete 3 months agriculture work!). Who knows!

The thing is, I'm young and have absolutely nothing tying me down. I want to see the world, learn and grow as a person, which is pretty hard in the confinements of your cosy home town.

I'd love to hear about any tips/advice/recommendations for either Thailand or Australia - please please please let me know if you have any!

*This adventure is all being done with one of my best friends Alicia, so if you see me mention that name or you see a pretty brunette girl popping up in my travel photos, that would be her!


I hope to keep you all updated on everythang, so expect a post (fingers crossed) this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment