Sunday, October 19, 2014

'Me' Time and Realising our Insignificance


As I'm writing this, I am sat up on top of a freshly made bed. After 30 minutes of yoga/stretching/meditation, I am incredibly at ease with myself. My body is loose, rather than tight and achey, I have one lamp lighting up the room - powerful enough to see what I'm writing, dim enough to create shadows in the corners of the room. 

Today is my first day off work in the past 10 days so I took the opportunity to stay in my pyjamas, watch crap daytime TV and drink tea to my hearts content.

I think it's very important to have 'me' time - whether this be a 10 minute meditation before you get up in the morning, or a long stroll in the park on a Sunday afternoon.


If you're a tad confused by what I mean when I say 'me' time; 'me' time is alone time - a space in the day where you're away from technology and disconnected from the chaos of life; time to breathe and empty the clutter inside your head. You see, we're too busy rushing around, going to work, completing errands, texting, cooking, doing, doing, doing, - we never stop and b r e a t h e.


Just pause for a moment and be aware of you, right now, in the moment. Let go of everything - detach yourself from all anxieties, worries, fears and self-judgements and be present in the moment.


"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." 


What we often don't realise is just how insignificant we, and all our problems, are. You, reading this right now are one of 7 billion people on planet Earth, which is 1 out of the 8 planets orbiting 1 particular star. That star is one of 300 billion stars which make up 1 of the 200 billion galaxies.


Next time you're worried, scared or feeling uneasy in any way, shape or form, take a moment, and realise how insignificant your troubles are, and take some me time.


No comments:

Post a Comment