Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Oh Bondi



Whether you know it from the dozens of photos posted of it's beach on Instagram (making everyone on the other side of the world incredibly jealous (just realised that that's now me - sorry guys)) or from the famous Bondi Rescue, everyone has heard of Bondi.

On our second day in Aus, Alicia and I took a day trip to visit what we were considering to be our future home.

The photo's are no misconception- Bondi Beach really is stunning. With it's long stretch of spotless grass, lining the equally flawless soft sand and blue sea, it's hard not to love what you see.



What I hadn't previously realised about Bondi was that it's not just the beach - in fact Bondi has a whole parade on the beachfront, lined with cafes and surf shops. In the back streets you'll find dozens of boutique clothing stores (with gorgeous dresses I can only dream of affording) as well as heaps of vegan/organic cafes selling all your healthy go-to's; whether that be a delicious acai bowl or a hearty veggie frittata.

Ok, now time for the bad bits. Now, I don't want to be a downer on things but Bondi is way way too touristy for my liking. I mean, I didn't come half way across the world to feel like I'm back in the chaos of central London - a feeling I hate. But what did I expect, right? 90% tourists and 10% locals, a gimicky tourist shop on every block and an inescapable bustle and feelings of being a tiny fish in a very large pond.

dress - Brandy Melville, bag - shop in Ko Phi Phi

But that's not to say I didn't like Bondi (in fact I would very happily take frequent day trips and definitely agree that is a must-see when visiting Sydney), however for me - a girl who's most content in a quiet, peaceful town where everyone knows everyone - Bondi is just not livable.

Anyway, the search for a future hometown continues (well, actually I think I may have found it, but I'll leave that for the next post).

For now, I must remember to worry less, explore more and just live for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment