Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Ultimate Christmas Wish List


Whether I came across these items on instagram, in a magazine or on a blog, these are all items I'm truly lusting over. The majority are from independent sellers, meaning by buying them you'd be supporting the underdog and helping them reach the success they truly deserve (what a nice little thought).


1) Panch Cushion - Tree of Life
Alicia and I quite literally stumbled upon this shop in Newtown, a suuuper-cool Sydney suburb filled with independent book shops, eateries, clothing stores and much more. Tree of Life sells homewares, clothing and accessories - all of which look like they're shipped straight from India due to their bohemian and vibrant styles. This little cushion would look perfect amongst a colourful, cluttered bedspread.

2) The Lush Scoop Mag Subscription
The Lush Scoop is an up-and-coming cruelty-free lifestyle magazine which I'm confident will be the next big thing. With articles on culture, food, and art, it seems to be the magazine that I have been waiting for. As it's still a relatively new magazine, you can only find The Lush Scoop on the shelves of stores in Sydney and Melbourne (I'm hoping it finds its way to London sometime soon!). Not to worry though - they have digital copies you can get your hands on, wherever you are in the world.

3) Skull Tribe Jumpsuit - Spell Collective
Ahh Spell & Gypsy Collective. If you have any presence on instagram, I'm sure you've heard of this brand. Based in hippy-central Byron Bay (but sold through several online outlets), this clothing boutique creates the most gorgeous clothing, jewellery, beauty and home wares. This playsuit is a tad out of my price range, but, a girl can dream right?!

4) Deliciously Ella Recipe Book
Foodie-sensation Ella Woodward, creator of Deliciously Ella blog, is releasing her first cookbook in January 2015. Ella's blog is my absolute favourite when I'm in need of a delicious recipe to serve guests, or if I'm just stuck in a rut as to what to whip up for dinner! Ella's recipes are all plant-based, meaning vegan-friendly (don't let that put you off if you're a meat eater as my family and friends - all carnivores! - love her recipes too!).  

5)Elka Bowl - Anthropologie
Anthropologie has always been one of them stores I walk in to, wander around, and leave (regretfully) empty-handed. No, not because their stock is a disappointment, but because I've told myself I will buy-out the entire store when I have my own place. (Ok maybe not the whole store but...) This bowl is adorable and will probably end up being too pretty to eat out of, so will end up being perched on top of my mantle piece, for both guests and myself to gaze at.  

6) The Cacti Love Keychain - BABA Souk
I came across this super cute keychain on the Frankie Mag website. I love quaint, yet quirky, little accessories like this one. A perfect stocking-stuffer.

Since the huge success of Graze Box, it seems that monthly goodie-boxes have been popping up here, there and everywhere. That said, I welcome this one with open arms. The Vegan Box sends organic, cruelty-free and earth-friendly products to your door every month. Now for the downside... unfortunately it's only currentely available if you live in Australia buuuuut not to worry! I've found The Vegan Kind if you're in the UK and Vegan Tuck Box if you're in Europe.

Kippy Skateboards first caught my eye whilst scrolling through Instagram and I've been obsessed ever since. For such a small company, who are based in a tiny Gold Coast studio, they have a huge range of skateboards, all beautifully handcrafted and unique. I went through a huge phase aged 15 where I was convinced I wanted to skate and begged and begged my mum for a skateboard.. I think that phase has returned.

9) Byron Bay Bluesfest Ticket
I feel like I've mentioned Byron Bay 14346973 times in this post but since being in Australia, I've not stopped hearing people bag on about how amazing the place is. This annual music festival showcases the best blues-y musicians across the world and brings them together, along with buskers and up-and-coming artists for the huge event. Now, please don't take offence but you won't find any Hollywood can't-sing-but-look-pretty celebs here... it's all about real, authentic musicians, which I think is great. This year The Black Keys, Paolo Nutini, Lenny Kravitz, Ben Howard and The Gipsy Kings are all performing and oh how I wish I could be there! Anyone care to lend me $545 for the full 5 day ticket?! 

10) Sea Turtle Print - Cat Coquilette
Last but by no means least in this adorable print I found on Society6, a great site to find handmade crafts by independent sellers. Amongst prints, Cat makes iphone covers, to pillow cases to tote bags. I'm in love with all of her designs, especially the turtle print above and this lovely frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment