Friday, January 2, 2015

4 Words I Hope to Carry Me Through 2015.


As the clock struck midnight in Sydney on New Years Eve of 2014, I couldn't help but smile whilst thinking back upon one hell of a year.

I'm not really a 'New years resolutions' kinda girl - more of a 'If you want to make a change, do so now' type. That said - it hasn't stopped me from pondering upon what lays ahead for me in the next 12 months.

Truth be told I have no clue - not the slightest idea. I know one thing though - that in 2015 I would like 4 things to play a major role in my life; resilience, courage, creativity and adventure.

Resilience so that whatever negativity comes my way, I do not crumble, but rather dust it off and get back right up again. I must remember everything is a learning curve and each experience shapes us as individuals.

It is not the end of the world when something bad happens. I repeat; it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day and this too shall past - let fate guide the way!

Courage is what I think I need most whilst travelling. Scrap that - in everything. By this I mean that I have the courage to book a spontaneous one way flight for one, so that I can be me - whole-heartedly, totally me - with the people I meet in hostels, and most importantly to follow my dreams, no matter how big or small they may be.

As Steve Jobs once said, 'If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.' One of my ambitions in life is to be self-employed; owning a successful business that inspires and brings happiness - whether this is a service, retail, hospitality, blogging - I don't know. But it's something I must have the courage to fulfill and the determination to never give up.

Creativity is something I've always regretted not pursuing during school. I was the type of kid who enjoyed maths and languages, subjects with either a right or a wrong answer. I guess I was too much of a perfectionist, and someone who shied away from subjects that were based on opinion, rather than fact.

Now, a few years on, I love art.. I've even considered taking a short course on it! I want to open my mind more - explore, experiment and create. No judgments allowed. Try, try, and try again.

I want adventure so that my life is a little less ordinary. I'm pursuing this already, with my trips to New York and Paris last summer, the month I spent in Thailand last October, and now, with my current life in Aus.

However I want to take it a step further and travel solo, uncovering tiny, but magical, corners of paradise and just go with my heart.

So that's resilience, courage, creativity and adventure - these 4 words I will hold close to my heart through 2015. 4 words I hope to guide me through an amazing year, spent with equally amazing people, creating equally amazing memories. Above all, I hope 2015 brings me happiness and smiles, lots and lots of smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment