Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Change in Direction


  • In 2 weeks time I will be flying out to Byron Bay on a one-way ticket. I have no plan, no further ticket, accommodation or activity booked - and this both thrills and terrifies me. Maybe I'll head straight up the East coast, taking a month and head home. Maybe I'll stop for work along the way. Maybe I'll have money left over and go to Bali, New Zealand, or Fiji. Who knows! I'm planning on taking each day as it comes and just seeing where life takes me.

  • In the midst of one of those 'what-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life' late-night crises, I decided to apply to university in the Netherlands. It's a liberal arts course, meaning I will be studying humanities, social sciences, sciences and everything in between - perfect for someone like me, a lover of anything and everything there is to learn! It's merely an option, and seeing as it's a pretty competitive course I am not pinning all my hopes on it, but rather leaving it as a possibility come September.

  • I'm currently reading '365 Thank Yous - The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life', and it truly has opened my eyes to the effect of saying thank you, and regrettably, how little I say thanks to people for those seemingly-unimportant everyday things. I'm now trying to say thank you to people a lot more, particularly to people who I haven't made the time to tell how much they mean to me/how happy I am to have them in my life.

  • While we're at it, I may as well tell you about my other current favourites; I have been listening to a lot of James Taylor, plenty of Hozier (particularly loving 'From Eden'!!!) and feel-good summer tunes like 'Jubel' by Klingande.

  • And of course, a post on this blog would not be complete without a good ol' quote to finish it off; this one is one of my all-time favourites -

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you are not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment