Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Best Places to Eat Vegan in Sydney

Sadhana Kitchen, Enmore



If you follow any vegan food bloggers on instagram, chances are you've came across Sadhana Kitchen's Instagram page... and let me tell you - their mouthwateringly beautiful dishes do not disappoint! The first time I visited I devoured the PB & J acai bowl, followed by a caramel slice; and second time (yes, it was that good that I had to drag a friend back to try their lunch foods!!) round I had the vegan lasagna, followed by a slice of carrot cake. Oh myyy was it delicious. It's just a shame their delivery only extends to Sydney... some sort of express air service to London would be highly appreciated (?????).

Sappho Books, Cafe & Wine Bar, Glebe


Discovering Sappho's was a complete mistake. Nestled in amongst various quaint bookshops on Glebe high street, it's easily to walk straight past this gem, particularly with it's window display being full of books. Once you walk in, and keep going through to the back, you will find yourself in THE coolest little cafe/bar you have ever came across! Filled with wooden furniture, brightly painted walls, and green plants everywhere, this place truly is a diamond in the rough. Serving coffee's and cakes by day, and wine and Spanish tapas by night, Sappho's has truly got you sorted. P.S. I highly recommend you try their vegan affogato, if you're anything like me, it'll be gone in seconds.

Earth to Table, Bondi



Earth to Table, like Sadhana Kitchen, is another raw vegan cafe. Now their 'rawnola' breakfast bowl was good, however I can't help but compare it to Sadhana's acai bowl, which was amazing! That said... for desert I had a peach and raspberry cake, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Dayum that stuff tasted good.

Lentil as Anything, Newtown


Lentil as Anything is a not-for-profit restaurant, where you pay only as much as you feel and/or can afford. Every day they have a daily menu comprised of one drink, a few mains, and a dessert. Inside there is such a lovely atmosphere - the tables stretch across the entire room, almost forcing people to engage in conversation with strangers! The restaurant also has a sign up saying if you want to help, grab an apron and ask the kitchen what needs to be done - an idea which I think is lovely! Their food is no thrills, but rather a hearty, home cooked meal, made with love!!

Markets!!


Last but not least are all the markets in Sydney. Glebe market, Bondi Market and Manly World Food Market all have plenty of options for vegans. Whether it be a freshly squeezed juice, a slice of raw vegan cake or a messy bowl of goodness (ahem, see above), someone will be cooking it up at a market stall.

I'm leaving Sydney now (I've a flight to catch in 6 hours!) so I thought I'd compile a list of places I never got to visit but wish I had. I guess you can all visit them, and let me live the experience through you and be super, super jealous??

  • Funky Pies, Bondi
  • Ungaro Raw, Rozelle
  • Venus Whole foods, Surry Hills
  • Ritual, Northbridge
  • About Life, all over(!)

No comments:

Post a Comment